Vue West End received the coveted Cinema of the Year Award five months after re-opening following its £6.6m redevelopment. The Screen Awards unveiled its 2017 winners on the 30th November with an event celebrating excellence in UK marketing, distribution and exhibition in the past 12 months.
Screen International Editor Matt Mueller said: “The work these companies, teams and individuals do across the year to connect films with UK audiences is truly worth celebrating, and Screen is thrilled to acknowledge their outstanding achievements.”
Vue is the first in the West End to provide consumers with fully reclining leather seats, alongside pin-sharp Dolby Atmos overhead and surround sound and new retail offerings.
New developments at the West End flagship include:
- New 62.7m² digital screen on the exterior of the building
- A venue which boasts 1,388 leather VIP and luxurious leather reclining seats across nine auditoriums with stepped stadium seating
- Advanced Sony 4K digital projection with FINITY from Sony Digital Cinema 4K for Premium Large Format Screenings
- Pin-sharp Dolby Atmos overhead, surround sound filled auditoriums
- The installation of Vue’s next generation retail offer with two new hot food concessions - Square Pie and Pizzeria Maletti – as well as a complete redesign of the foyer and existing bar area.
Judges who voted for this year’s winners were industry experts Andrew Orr, Suzanne Noble, Chris Besseling, David Livingstone, Amanda Posey, Vanessa Saal, Colin Swift, Marc Allenby, Tom Linay, Amit Dey, Ian Cartwright, Sally Griffith, Chris Lawrance, Jonathan Rutter, Tom Stewart, Sam Cryer, Damian Spandley, Kevin Markwick, Tanya Easterman, Eve Gabereau, Anna Godas, Marisa Clifford, Andy Leyshon, Thorsten Schumacher, Mandy Kean and Tom Grievson.
For more information on the Screen Awards go to www.screenawards.co.uk.