Another quarter of strong financials, with growth in admissions and all key revenue and profit metrics.
London, 25 July 2017 – Vue International, one of the world’s leading cinema operators, with 1,902 screens across ten countries, today announces its results for the three months ended 31 May 2017.
- Turnover of £184.7m, up 7.4% on Q2 2016
- EBITDA £24.4m, up 15.7% on Q2 2016
- Strong growth in admissions – up 9.5% on Q2 2016
- Growth in admissions and all key revenue and profit metrics
- Successful reopening of iconic UK West End flagship site in Leicester Square
- Major site refurbishments, new screens and new UK site on track for H2 2017
- Exciting range of summer blockbusters and highly anticipated titles in Q4 2017 and beyond
Tim Richards, Vue’s Founder and CEO, commented:
“We have achieved another quarter of strong financials, with growth in admissions and all key revenue and profit metrics. The quarter has been an exciting one for us – we have reopened our state of the art, iconic London West End venue, which has a heritage in big screen entertainment dating back to 1938. In this flagship, we have redefined the big screen experience, setting new standards for out of home entertainment.
Our investment programme across the estate continues to gain momentum. We installed leather recliner and leather VIP seating across further cinemas in Germany, Italy, Poland and the UK, as well as investment in our digital infrastructure, including the launch of our new UK mobile booking app.
Vue has ambitious growth plans, we remain focused on delivering our strategy and we are actively evaluating all of the options and opportunities available to the business.”
For more information please contact:
Brunswick Group LLP
+44 207 404 5959
Lucy Northmore, Group PR Manager
+44 7921 887 296