Solid performance following record 2015, and strong pipeline of films for 2017.
London, March 21, 2017 – Vue International, one of the world’s leading cinema operators with 1,879 screens across ten countries, today announces its results for the year to 30 November 2016.
- Turnover of £772.5m, up 5% on record year in 2015
- Revenue per head up 7.9% year on year
- EBITDA £135.7m, up 1.1% on 2015
- £28m invested during the year in the estate and digital infrastructure
- £6.6m refurbishment underway of iconic West End site, Leicester Square
- Solid start to 2017, with exciting slate for the rest of the year
Tim Richards, Vue’s Founder and CEO, commented:
“Following the prior year’s record numbers, Vue International has delivered another consistent performance for the year, benefitting from investment across our digital and physical estate. Continuing our investment programme, we launched VIP and recliner chairs, two new state-of-the-art multiplex sites and a new and innovative digital infrastructure. We are now undertaking large-scale refurbishments of key sites across the UK, Germany and Italy, with a significant refurbishment of our iconic West End cinema already underway on Leicester Square.
Looking forward, we remain focused on delivering our strategy to build a leading global cinema group.”
Brunswick Group LLP
+44 207 404 5959
Brian Buckley / Fiona Micallef-Eynaud
Lucy Northmore, Group PR Manager, Vue
+44 7921 887 296